Why work at Trinity Christian School?
Our family atmosphere and strong discipleship culture set up our staff and teachers for success every day.
Weekly staff devotions and our Parent Teacher Ministry provide opportunities to be replenished spiritually.
Our staff and teachers have a unique role in the building of God's Kingdom and the next generation.
Take it from our staff and teachers:
"Teaching at TCS brings me great joy and one of my favorite parts is not only being able to pour into a student and invest in them academically, but also showing them that they are truly loved by their Savior. I love teaching math and watching students grow in their understanding and confidence, but ultimately love walking alongside them in their faith journey and encouraging them as they learn about Christ," - Kayla Bekermeier, MS Math & 8th Grade Bible
"My favorite thing about TCS is the families. Whether student families or staff families, we all come together as one to support each other, pray for each other, and grow students to love Christ," - Terese Osacky, 4th Grade Teacher
Trinity Christian School is an equal opportunity employer.
Open Job Positions
Position Title: Director of Development
Reports to: Administrator
Status: Full-time - salary
The Director of Development (DOD) serves as the leader of Trinity Christian School’s financial development. They are responsible for making strategic decisions affecting all resource development. Working with the Administrator, the person in this position is responsible for all fundraising and development activities, for forging new relationships to build the school’s visibility and significantly increase financial resources. They will design and implement a comprehensive plan for developing key external alliances by cultivating individual and philanthropic support. Their primary responsibility will be establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to raise established annual fundraising goals through the Annual Fund, personal solicitations, grant writing, online giving, direct mail, and special events.
- Works with Administrator/Leadership Team/Board to set annual goals and budget
- Creates an annual resource development plan based on meeting budget goals
- Oversees grant applications and compliance
- Prospects and creates relationships with current and new TCS families
- Works with marketing to create onboarding materials for new families, with a focus on “Getting Involved at TCS”.
- Creates a development calendar of communicating with families. Works with marketing to create content for sharing stories of success via email, letter and brochure.
- Work with Events Coordinator to create events calendar
- Maintains existing and identifies new donors for the Illinois Invest in Kids Scholarship program.
- Involved in community engagements that align with ministry’s Christian worldview
- Works with existing donors to further expand current relationships
- Adjusts strategies as needed to meet annual budget goals and forecasts
- Maximizes the efforts of all staff and volunteers to meet the development goals set forth in the annual budget through all solicitation strategies
- Administers and reports on the progress of meeting resource development goals
- Assists in planning and organizing the Administrator’s involvement to secure major donor pledges
- If utilized they will oversee the management contract with direct mail and mid-level cultivation vendors
- Oversees marketing initiatives and preserves the school’s brand
- Oversees the donor database ensuring records remain current and all contacts and gifts recorded
- Makes sure all receipts, thank-you notes and calls are completed in a timely manner
- Ensures confidentiality of prospect/donor information
- Oversees and generates income-producing initiatives, including but not limited to major donors, mid-level donors, direct mail, events, grants, web/social media and capital campaigns
- Represents the ministry professionally and in accordance with fundraising standards to the public, donors, and volunteers
- Models Christian conduct and behavior at all times
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field with at least 5 years’ non-profit experience, or the equivalent in experience
- Proven resource development results
- Grant writing and grant solicitation experience would be desired but not required
- Skills in public speaking
- Proficient in office protocols and practices
- Proficient in MS applications and donor management systems (Blackbaud preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information according to procedures
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational abilities, record keeping and time management
- Effective communicator, writer and editor
- Travel to meet donors living in the area is required.
- Flexible work schedule required (some development activities occur in evenings and on weekends)
Work Plan/First Year Outcomes:
- Launch an Annual Fund and develop solicitation strategies for each key constituency (Board, staff, new families, existing parents, grandparents, alumni)
- Create a development calendar
- Conduct four face-to-face contacts with donors and prospects per week
- Present personalized proposal to four prospective donors per month
- Represent Trinity Christian at 1 community event per quarter, (four per year)
- Attend key school and evening events when many parents will be in attendance (special chapels, sporting events, plays, etc.)
- Develop and implement strategy of donor involvement in the fundraising process
- Research, write, and submit four grant proposals first year
- Keep Raiser’s Edge software updated
- Lay the groundwork for social media, direct mail, and planned giving strategies
- Represent the Christian ethics of Trinity Christian School to both internal and external constituencies
Are you a certified teacher who loves teaching elementary school-age children? We are seeking enthusiastic elementary teachers for the 2022-2023 school year. Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree and a current state teaching certificate. The teacher must believe that the Bible is God's Word and is the standard for faith and daily living. You also must be in agreement with Trinity Christian School's mission and philosophy of education. This opening is a self-contained classroom in which the teacher is responsible for teaching the core subjects. The teacher will prayerfully help students learn attitudes, skills, and subject matter that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible Christians to the praise and glory of God.
We are seeking substitute teachers for the 2022-2023 school year. Substitutes must be able to step into a classroom environment to teach on short notice. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required and a teaching certification or substitute license is preferred. Qualified substitutes must believe that the Bible is God's Word and standard for faith and daily living and must be in agreement with Trinity Christian School's mission and philosophy of education.
The Facilities Supervisor is a critical member of the school’s staff reporting directly to the Head of School/Administrator. The Facilities Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to manage and maintain the physical school facilities in a condition of operating excellence, cleanliness and safety. Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; working as part of a team, setting priorities and working with constant interruptions. It is important that he/she clearly understands his/her duties and responsibilities as listed in this job description.
Daily Supervisor: Head of School/Administrator
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Complete daily and regular custodial tasks to keep building and premises neat and clean at all times
- Facilitate the setup and take-down of furniture and equipment for school and rental events
- Light maintenance and repairs as needed
- Check daily to ensure that all exterior doors are secured during the hours of building occupancy
- Other business-related duties as assigned
- Manage the custodial staff
- Manage volunteers when needed and provide proper tools for Weekend Warriors
- Hire and train summer and school-year help
- Coordinate the repairs of school heating/cooling systems
- Coordinate proper inspections related to the safety and well-being of the school
- Maintain proper records and files of inspections, inventory, and maintenance events
- Maintain cleaning and maintenance supplies
- In conjunction with Business Manager, make recommendations for facility improvements and a lay out a 5-year plan to meet the needs of the school
The Custodian is a critical member of the school’s staff reporting directly to the Facilities Supervisor. The Custodian’s primary responsibility is to maintain the physical school facilities in a condition of operating excellence, cleanliness and safety. Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; working as part of a team, setting priorities and working with constant interruptions. It is important that he/she clearly understand his/her duties and responsibilities as listed in this job description.
Daily Supervisor: Facilities/Custodian Supervisor
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Keeps building and premises neat and clean at all times
- Empties trash in classrooms, restrooms, office, kitchen, and foyer
- Vacuums all corridors, foyers, cafetorium and main office
- Mops hard-surface floors
- Cleans restrooms and locker rooms. Scrubs and disinfects toilets, urinals, sinks, restroom floors, fixtures and drinking fountains, daily
- Replenishes soap and paper in all dispensers as needed, check daily
- Removes fingerprints from walls and entry doors and windows
- Dust mop gymnasium floor
- Cleans corridors after school each day, and during the day when the condition requires it.
- Cleans foyer everyday after school by vacuuming mats and mopping tile and cleaning glass doors.
- Responsible for the closing of the building each day and for ensuring building is secured
- Checks daily to ensure that all exterior doors are secured during the hours of building occupancy
- Reports and responds to emergency calls for custodial assistance
- Implements the setup and take-down of furniture and equipment for a wide variety of events
- Sets up and cleans up after all activities in building
- Cleans carpets
- Summer work
- Air return vents
- Light maintenance and repairs
- Assists visitors and building groups as needed
- Available for weekend rentals as needed
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Thank you for your interest in working at Trinity Christian School! Applications can be found below. Applications can also be picked up in the main office. Please send the appropriate application and your resume via e-mail to Mr. Jon Vugteveen at email@example.com, or via mail to: