Dear Parents or Guardians of Prospective Trinity Christian School Students,
Thank you for considering Trinity Christian School! We welcome you and are excited for you to learn more About Us. When you invest in an education at Trinity, your child will not only receive a solid academic experience, you also will have the comfort of knowing your child is attending school with students from like-minded Christian families. That is one reason why admission at Trinity is not automatic. We seek to admit families to Trinity who can partner with us in all respects. Our Trinity family includes our students, parents, teachers, staff and board, with the Lord as our head. Our mission statement requires us to aim high in our admissions process so we can fully integrate faith and learning by partnering with you. If you would like to take a closer look at Trinity, we invite you to contact our school office to schedule a tour of our school. During your visit, one of our administrative staff will personally take you around the entire school. To schedule your tour, please contact our Office Administrative Assistant at (815) 577-9310, ext. 61, or contact us online.
Applications are accepted for all grade levels, kindergarten to eighth, on a first-come, first-served basis. However, our classes close at 24 students, so we encourage families not to delay in applying. This application step ensures that a spot will be reserved for your child, if available, but does not guarantee admission. The entire admissions process takes on average about two to three weeks. We enjoy getting to know our applicant families and students before we partner together. Please review our full admission procedure below.
NOTE: Current Admissions Forms are available on the following tab, or in our office. Applications for the current school year are accepted through the end of 3rd Quarter.
Yours in Christ,
Director of Education
Admission to Trinity requires the following steps be completed:
Step 1: Documents. Complete and submit all documents listed below. Your file will not be advanced to the next step until this step is fully completed. Downloadable PDFs of these documents can be found at the following tab labeled "Admissions Forms."
- $225 non-refundable registration fee for the first student and $125 per additional student, payable by check or money order to Trinity Christian School
- Completed New Family Registration Form
- Completed Student Application
- Middle School Student Questionnaire (6-8 grade), if applicable
- Signed Parent Agreement
- Signed Statement of Purpose and Belief
- An official, embossed copy of the student's birth certificate
- A copy of the student's most recent report card (required for 1st - 8th grade)
- A copy of the student's standardized state testing
- Release of Student Records
- A copy of custody agreement, if applicable
- A copy of IEP or 504, if applicable
Please send the following forms to the appropriate place:
- Pastor's Family Recommendation Form: Please complete the top section of this form and send it to your pastor. Your pastor will send this form directly to us. Admission procedures cannot go forward until this form has been received.
- Teacher Report: Please complete the top portion of this form and send it the current or most recent teacher for each student entering first through eighth grade.
Step 2: Academic Evaluation. An Academic Evaluation will be conducted with the student to determine academic, social, and spiritual standing.
Step 3: Family Interview. Once Steps 1 and 2 are fulfilled, we will contact you to schedule a Family Interview, conducted by any of two Trinity representatives: the Administrator, Director of Admissions and/or a TCS School Board member, along with parents and the student to determine if the new applicant meets Trinity admissions criteria as described in the Parent/Student Handbook, p. 6-7.
Step 4: Final Decision. The entire Admissions Package will be reviewed for a final decision. This process usually takes no less than two weeks, though during Open Registration in February, it may take longer. Once the Family Interview and Academic Evaluation are completed, we will notify you as soon as possible of our admissions decision.
We look forward to meeting you and your child and to working with you throughout the admissions process. If you have any questions, please call our Director of Admissions at 815-577-9310, ext. 52.