Reconnect after summer and kick off the school year by meeting new families, faculty, and staff at one of our biggest events of the year. The whole school will be at our annual Walk-A-Thon on Saturday, SEPTEMBER 21st for a morning of fun and fellowship.
- Mission: Help reduce the debt on the building and help Trinity families in need with tuition assistance.
- Per Family minimum requirement: $200
- We need the help of many families to help exceed the minimum in order to reach our goal.
- Let us all go after extra pledges and aim high!
- Goal - $65,000: reaching the goal will keep your tuition affordable
- Ask for Donations, Spread the word about our Great School, and PRAY to help raise money for our school.
We appreciate your help:
- Ask family, friends, neighbors, Church, business contacts, etc. to pledge money for your walk by using the attached YELLOW pledge sheet. Also, remember there is an online donation option called First Giving at https://www.firstgiving.com/event/trinitychristianschool/Trinity-Christian-School-Walk-A-Thon-2019 where you can set up a family account. This is GREAT for requesting from long distance relatives via email, Facebook or other social media.
- Fill out a line on the YELLOW pledge sheet for each person who pledges you. If you create an account online at First Giving, list the total online amount at the bottom of the yellow pledge sheet. Total first giving we divide between kids for families with multiple children unless instructed otherwise.
- Example: If you have two children and collect $200 as a family online, we will credit each child $100 towards their class total.
- The school encourages asking businesses for donations, however please contact Deanne Bekermeier at 815-577-9310 ext 68, to make sure TCS has not already contacted that business for annual sponsorship. Sponsorships over $500 get advertising at many of our school events.
- Three ORANGE pledge slips dated for Wednesdays (September 4th, 11th, and 18th). Bring in the updated “ORANGE” slips each week and place it in the box in your classroom for a chance to win additional prizes! Final orange slips due by 3:30pm, Wednesday, September 18. We need time to get prizes together before the big weekend event!
- First Giving online option money we send directly to TCS business services for you.
- When people pay, mark the YELLOW pledge sheet as “cash” or “check” including check number. All checks should be made payable to TCS. TURN IN NO CASH PLEASE-WRITE A CHECK
- You can put final pledge sheet and the checks in an envelope marked “Walk a thon” in the hall mailbox, turn in at the office or send in with responsible child to turn in to the teacher, any time after the actual Walk a thon on Saturday September 21st.
- The orange pledge updates are very important to help us track our total to the GOAL, and keep track of prizes for families getting aiming high with donations.
- We enter kids in a drawing for prizes each of the three weeks the orange tickets are collected.
- If people donate, cash that is fine but then please write a check to TCS in place of the cash.
Walk-A-Thon DATES TO REMEMBER:
- September 4th, 11th, and 18th (Wed.): Turn in Orange pledge updates weekly, this helps us track progress and promote the fundraiser!
- Aug 30 (Fri.): Walk-A-Thon Assembly during school
- Sep. 4 (Wed): Turn in ORANGE pledge update
- Sept. 11 (Wed): Turn in ORANGE pledge update
- Sept. 18 (Wed.): Final ORANGE pledge total ticket due
- Sept. 21 (Sat.): WALK-A-THON! 8:00 AM
- LET US HAVE FUN - Wear your class color.
Pre-School: Rainbow K: Blue 1st: Yellow 2nd: Red 3rd: Green
4th: Orange 5th: Purple 6th: Pink 7th: Grey (NEW) 8th: Black
- Sept. 27 (Fri.): Money attached to “final” YELLOW pledge sheet due.
PLEDGES per student = PRIZES!
$250 in pledges – Giant 7 oz. Hershey bar
$500 in pledges – Nothing Bundt Cakes - 3 Free Bundtlet / Culvers ice cream – 3 Free
$1000 in pledges – Sky Zone Jump Passes
Top Pledge Raiser in EACH Class – Lunch with Principal – Mr. V.
Preschool Participation Prize - Each preschooler who attends gets a prize
PLEDGES per Family = PRIZES!
Raise $1,000 as a family in donations or corporate sponsorships and get 4 VIP seats at K-4 Christmas show or the 5th - 8th School Musical!
Classroom Goal Met - Reward Day of Snacks and FUN!! Help your class with by aiming high!
Walk a thon 2019 Schedule for the day:
8:00 am: Arrive to check into gym:
- Please sign in your family then move to the Cafeteria.
- Grab nametag for each family member so you can meet other families and know their names.
8:15 am: WALK instructions in Cafeteria
- Move over to the Cafeteria for walk instructions and details about the day. We dismiss students to walk according to class so families can walk together from each class. If you have kids in multiple classes feel free to walk with either class.
8:30 am: Start Walking!
- We will be walking approximately 2 miles on a designated path outside and around Trinity neighborhood.
- Strollers and wagons are welcome but please leave bikes, roller blades, skateboards, and pets at home.
- After Walk, return to Gym for more morning snacks, water and coffee. As all walkers to return, enjoy a time of fellowship and connecting with other parents and students until the awards and BASH.
9:30 am: Awards - announce prizes for pledges
10:00- 12:00 noon Celebration BASH outside
- Party Hoppers Racing course and Jumpy obstacle
- Tug a war and water balloons
- Ball Launchers and other Misc. other lawn games