Reminder: Required volunteer hours for families with students in 8th grade must be completed by end of day May 15th. Required volunteer hours for families with students in K-7th grade must be completed by end of day May 22nd. Any unfulfilled hours by the due date specified above will result in $25/unfulfilled volunteer hour charge on your account. If you need to brainstorm ways to meet your volunteer hour family quota, please feel free to email Mrs. Janine McDavitt (email@example.com).
- Lots of May Daily Needs for Morning Greeter, Recess and Lunch Help
- The Last Weekend Warriors (Sat, May 2, 7-9am): Help Mr. Kraker do some extra cleaning around the school.
- 5th-8th Grade Musical (Fri, May 1 and Sat, May 2): Volunteers needed weeks prior to the performance dates to help with costumes, designing playbill, designing and building sets, supervising actors. The day of the performances, help is needed with concessions, ushers, and clean up.
- Teacher Appreciation Luncheon (Fri, May 8, 11:15am-1:30pm): Volunteers are needed to supervise each teacher classroom while teachers are attending the luncheon that PTM hosts. Possibility of PTM needing help with the luncheon as well.
- Childcare for State of the School Mandatory Parent Meeting (Tue, May 12, 5:45-8:30pm): Volunteers needed to help with childcare for parents attending this meeting (limit is 25 children.)
- Graduation (Thurs, May 28, 6:15-9pm): Volunteers needed (7th grade parents and students preferred) to set-up, host and clean up.
- Field Day [The Last Day of School] (Tues, June 2, 8:30am-12:30pm): Help Mrs. Overall set-up, man various stations of games, snacks, water, and clean up.
Volunteer opportunities exist for:
- Art Room Cleaning - Ms. Polly needs volunteers to come in about once a week to clean tables, tools, occasionally floors, sinks and refill soap containers.
- Childcare for Moms in Prayer - Volunteers needed on Wednesdays for about an hours to care for the children of parents praying after chapel.
- Last Minute Day Needs - Volunteers needed last minute to fill in for recess, lunch or office help.
- Lost & Found - PTM looking for volunteers to help sort through Lost & Found items a few times during the year, and then for those items not claimed, wash them and deliver to donation facility.
- Photographers - Volunteers needed to take pictures for all school activities for the yearbook (after-hours, during school hours, on weekends - depends on the event.)
- Sonshine Ministry - Volunteers needed to assist TCS families in need with making meals, delivering meals, contributing gift cards, etc. ****
- Sports - Many volunteers are needed during various sport seasons to work admissions, concessions, keep the score book or work the score board. ^^Concession leads are needed to help manage supplies for a given sport season (i.e., Girls' Volleyball, Soccer, Boys' Basketball, Girls' Basketball, etc.) This is a great opportunity to get bulk hours!
- Teacher Dinners - Volunteers are needed to help PTM to cook, bake, provide or buy dinners for the teaching staff on mandatory parent meeting evenings and parent-teacher conference evenings (Aug 29, Oct 24, Feb 4, Feb 21 and May 12.) ****
- Take-home Projects - Volunteers needed to assist teacher or staff with various projects (i.e., cutting, sorting, assembling, etc.)
- Teacher Treats - Many volunteers needed to provide snacks for teachers on the 1st Tuesday of every month throughout the school year. ****
Volunteer opportunities may arise for:
- Handyman - Help may be needed to assist Mr. Kraker with small repairs or projects around campus.
- IT - Help may be needed to assist Mr. Rasmussen/Mr. Baly with IT issues or projects.
- Landscape - Help may be needed to assist Mr. Kraker with landscaping projects around campus.
- Office - Help may be needed to fill in for Administrative Assistants during school hours answering phones, scanning documents, data entry, etc.
- On-Campus - Help may be needed for non-office projects during the school day that may include classroom reading, teacher classroom projects, hanging artwork, etc.
- Teacher Substitutes - Parent or grandparent volunteers may be needed to sub for teacher either last minute or planned (certified or non-certified is acceptable.)
****These volunteer opportunities do not accrue volunteer hours as they are truly meant to be of service to our TCS community and/or teachers without expecting anything in return.
Important Information: You are invited to join the "Remind" program for our TCS volunteer group (TCSVolunteers) to get a reminder the day before your serve via text or email (your choice) and be notified of last minute needs. Instructions on how to sign up are available here.
Please contact Mrs. Janine McDavitt at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up or for more information.